2006 Suspense/Drama Rated PG-13 149 Minutes
|In Theaters||May 19, 2006|
|On 4K UHD||October 11, 2016|
|On Blu-ray||April 28, 2009|
|On DVD||November 14, 2006|
The murder of the Louvre's chief curator puts his granddaughter, cryptographer Sophie Neveu (Audrey Tautou), and symbols expert Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) on the trail of an ancient, mysterious society founded during the time of Christ.
As the two unravel coded messages left for them at the scene -- including a treasure map that leads to the Holy Grail itself -- they find themselves entangled in a mystery that takes them from France to England, searching for clues in the very history of Western civilization.
Rated PG-13 for disturbing images, violence, some nudity, thematic material, brief drug references and sexual content.
Box office gross: $217.5 million. View box office history.
Released by Sony Pictures. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Stephen King's 'Dark Tower' coming to theaters... and TV
- New 'Sherlock Holmes' poster teases perfectly
- Casting Prediction: Morgan Freeman will be cast in 'The Lost Symbol'
- Putting the cart before the horse, Sony picking up third 'Da Vinci Code' movie
- Super Bowl movie spots miss their mark
- UPDATE: Sony drops first trailer for 'Angels & Demons' and a clue