2014 Drama/Romance Rated PG-13 124 Minutes
|In Theaters||November 7, 2014|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||February 17, 2015|
|On DVD||February 17, 2015|
Starring Eddie Redmayne ("Les Misérables") and Felicity Jones ("The Amazing Spider-Man 2"), this is the extraordinary story of one of the world's greatest living minds, the renowned astrophysicist Stephen Hawking, who falls deeply in love with fellow Cambridge student Jane Wilde. Once a healthy, active young man, Hawking received an earth-shattering diagnosis at 21 years of age. With Jane fighting tirelessly by his side, Stephen embarks on his most ambitious scientific work, studying the very thing he now has precious little of - time. Together, they defy impossible odds, breaking new ground in medicine and science, and achieving more than they could ever have dreamed. The film is based on the memoir Travelling to Infinity: My Life with Stephen, by Jane Hawking, and is directed by Academy Award winner James Marsh ("Man on Wire").
Rated PG-13 for some thematic elements and suggestive material.
Box office gross: $35.8 million. View box office history.
Released by Focus. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: Universal debuts spectacular multi-film collections
- Exciting trailer for Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks' new film
- Tobey Maguire makes chess interesting in 'Pawn Sacrifice' trailer
- 'Birdman' soars high at the Oscars
- 'Boyhood' and 'Birdman' lead this year's Oscar nominations
- 'Boyhood' is all grown up with Golden Globes wins