Ready Player One
2018 Action/Science Fiction Rated PG-13 140 Minutes
|In Theaters||March 29, 2018|
|On 4K UHD||July 24, 2018|
|On Blu-ray||July 24, 2018|
|On DVD||July 24, 2018|
From filmmaker Steven Spielberg comes the science fiction action adventure "Ready Player One," based on Ernest Cline's bestseller of the same name. The film is set in 2045, with the world on the brink of chaos and collapse. But the people have found salvation in the OASIS, an expansive virtual reality universe created by the brilliant and eccentric James Halliday (Mark Rylance). When Halliday dies, he leaves his immense fortune to the first person to find a digital Easter egg he has hidden somewhere in the OASIS, sparking a contest that grips the entire world. When an unlikely young hero named Wade Watts (Tye Sheridan) decides to join the contest, he is hurled into a breakneck, reality-bending treasure hunt through a fantastical universe of mystery, discovery and danger
Rated PG-13 for sequences of sci-fi action violence, bloody images, some suggestive material, partial nudity and language.
Box office gross: $134.6 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Zero Contact' should be quarantined
- Review: 'Naked Singularity' just hits a little different
- 'Roma' and 'The Favourite' are showered with 10 Oscar noms each
- Review: 'A Simple Favor' is simply fantastic
- Monday Mixer: Kong vs. Godzilla, it's going to happen
- Casting Spielberg's 'Ready Player One'