2016 Drama/Romance Rated R 139 Minutes
|In Theaters||November 4, 2016|
|On 4K UHD||February 21, 2017|
|On Blu-ray||February 21, 2017|
|On DVD||February 21, 2017|
The extraordinary true story of Desmond Doss [Andrew Garfield] who, in Okinawa during the bloodiest battle of WWII, saved 75 men without firing or carrying a gun. He was the only American soldier in WWII to fight on the front lines without a weapon, as he believed that while the war was justified, killing was nevertheless wrong. As an army medic, he single-handedly evacuated the wounded from behind enemy lines, braved fire while tending to soldiers and was wounded by a grenade and hit by snipers. Doss was the first conscientious objector awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.
Rated R for intense prolonged realistically graphic sequences of war violence including grisly bloody images.
Box office gross: $65.4 million. View box office history.
Released by Lionsgate. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Force of Nature' will rock you like a hurricane
- The Oscar goes to... er, wait a minute
- Review: No objections here, 'Hacksaw Ridge' delivers on 4K UHD
- 'La La Land' ties record with 14 Oscar nominations
- 'La La Land' sweeps the Golden Globes, Oscars next?
- Golden Globes go gaga for 'La La Land'