2014 TV Series/Crime/Drama Not Rated 480 Minutes
|In Theaters||Made for TV|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||June 10, 2014|
|On DVD||June 10, 2014|
In 2012, Louisiana State Police Detectives Rust Cohle and Martin Hart are brought in to revisit a homicide case they worked in 1995. As the inquiry unfolds in present day through separate interrogations, the two former detectives narrate the story of their investigation, reopening unhealed wounds, and drawing into question their supposed solving of a bizarre ritualistic murder in 1995. The timelines braid and converge in 2012 as each man is pulled back into a world they believed they'd left behind. In learning about each other and their killer, it becomes clear that darkness lives on both sides of the law.
Released by HBO Home Entertainment. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Midnight in the Switchgrass' loses itself among the weeds
- Review: 'We Summon the Darkness' conjures up nostalgic horror bliss
- Review: 'Galveston' is a slow-burn winner
- Cooter's Watch List: Surfers and zombies and bears, oh my!
- 'Boyhood' is all grown up with Golden Globes wins
- 'Birdman' soars with seven Golden Globe nominations