2013 Comedy/Romance/Drama Rated R 126 Minutes
|In Theaters||December 18, 2013|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||May 13, 2014|
|On DVD||May 13, 2014|
Set in the Los Angeles of the slight future, "Her" follows Theodore Twombly, a complex, soulful man who makes his living writing touching, personal letters for other people. Heartbroken after the end of a long relationship, he becomes intrigued with a new, advanced operating system, which promises to be an intuitive entity in its own right, individual to each user. Upon initiating it, he is delighted to meet "Samantha," a bright, female voice, who is insightful, sensitive and surprisingly funny. As her needs and desires grow, in tandem with his own, their friendship deepens into an eventual love for each other.
From the unique perspective of Oscar-nominated filmmaker Spike Jonze comes an original love story that explores the evolving nature-and the risks-of intimacy in the modern world.
Rated R for language, sexual content and brief graphic nudity.
Box office gross: $25.5 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Jexi' is an non-smart comedy film
- '12 Years' wins Oscar for Best Picture, 'Gravity' grabs most
- Everything you need to know to rock your Oscars pool
- Monday Morning Mixer: Still 'Riding' high
- 'Gravity' and 'Hustle' in old-fashioned Oscars tussle
- Golden Globes spread the love to the year's best in movie and TV