2011 Drama/Comedy Rated PG-13 137 Minutes
|In Theaters||August 10, 2011|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||December 6, 2011|
|On DVD||December 6, 2011|
Based on one of the most talked about books in years and a #1 New York Times best-selling phenomenon, "The Help" stars Emma Stone ("Easy A") as Skeeter, Academy Award«Śnominated Viola Davis ("Doubt") as Aibileen and Octavia Spencer as Minny-three very different, extraordinary women in Mississippi during the 1960s, who build an unlikely friendship around a secret writing project that breaks societal rules and puts them all at risk. From their improbable alliance a remarkable sisterhood emerges, instilling all of them with the courage to transcend the lines that define them, and the realization that sometimes those lines are made to be crossed-even if it means bringing everyone in town face-to-face with the changing times. Deeply moving, filled with poignancy, humor and hope, "The Help" is a timeless and universal story about the ability to create change.
Rated PG-13 for thematic material.
Box office gross: $169.5 million. View box office history.
Released by Buena Vista. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: Jessica Chastain earns Oscar cred with 'Zookeeper's Wife'
- '42' Star Chadwick Boseman to star in film about James Brown (Updated!)
- Monday Morning Mixer: 'The Butler' did indeed do it
- Classic Hollywood rules Oscars as 'The Artist', 'Hugo' are big winners
- 'Hugo' scores big with 11 Oscar nominations
- 'The Artist' is top dog at the Golden Globes